I have been feverishly working over the past year or so to perfect a chai recipe. I think I will always be messing with it - that's what makes it so fun - but here is what I have so far. Enjoy!
Tina's Chai Latte
3 1/2 c. water
16 green cardomom pods
5 whole allspice
12 whole black peppercorns
4 - 6 slices of fresh ginger, diced (more or less to taste)
3 tsp. cinnamon flakes
4 whole cloves
Dash of grated nutmeg
Dash or two of cayenne pepper
4 tsp. molasses (more or less to taste)
6 tsp. loose black tea
Milk of choice
Drop of two of agave nectar (optional)
1. Put water and spices in saucepan and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Add molasses and bring back to boil.
4. Turn off heat and add black tea. Allow to brew for 3 - 5 minutes.
5. Strain tea and pour into individual cups about 2/3 full.
6. Add milk (steamed or try iced).
Makes 4 - 6 servings