Friday, June 24, 2011

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? WATER!

Okay, not really. But maybe water should be held on the same pedestal as dinner. I was planning to do a post on water when I noticed that a friend of mine had already put together a great [and recent] post on the topic. So, instead of reinventing the wheel [or saying the same thing in a slightly different way], I thought I would just direct you to her fabulous blog: http://glutenfreehope.blogspot.com/2011/06/water.html

I'll add that many people suffer from unnecessary, seemingly "chronic" headaches. When my husband comes home with a headache the first thing I ask him is if he's had enough water. Typically the response is no and more typically the headache goes away after filling up his H20 tanks. I highly recommend reading this book for more information on the healing benefits of water.

Water can be extrodinarily warming or cooling so on hot days, try a glass of cool water for some heat relief. On cool days, vice versa is true. However, be careful not to take in to much water just prior to or soon after eating a meal as it can dilute digestive juices, thus compromising healthy digestion. Really cold water can have the same effect, so generally room temperature water is best.

As for water bottles, I am a huge HUGE proponent of glass for all things that touch food or water. Recent studies are showing that even if plastic is free of BPA, it still can leach harmful substances into your water and food. Lifefactory created a glass water bottle that I love. Check it out here. If you are interested in reading more about plastic and the hazards of, look here.

The moral of the story is drink more [pure] water!

No comments: