Thursday, November 2, 2017

HOT CHAGA with carob, cinnamon and cayenne

I get the feeling this recipe may need a little introducing.

Here's the deal. I love hot chocolate however on some days it can make me a bit jittery especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed and is no bueno as an evening drink, which is generally when I get the hankering.

As does happen most of the time, problems offer us a place to be creative and resourceful.

This is my version of evening hot chocolate. Made with carob powder [chaco look-a-like], chaga mushrooms [immune booster!], ashwagandha [relax and rest], triphala [tri-doshic powerhouse] and few other more recognizable ingredients.

What I love about this drink is it's calming quality and sink-into-a-chair-with-a-good-book-and-fire invitation.

If you're curious and want to give it a try, you can find the ingredients [local to me] at Global Infusion, your local health foods store or online through Mountain Rose Herbs.

Cheers!

[THE RECIPE] 

1/4 cup roasted carob powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chaga mushroom powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
1 teaspoon triphala powder
2 large pinches of smoked [opt.] sea salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper

Place all ingredients in dry blender container, spice or coffee grinder. Blend on high until a fine powder is achieved.

Mix one tablespoon of blend per every eight ounces of boiling water or warmed milk of choice.

Top with additional cinnamon, cardamom and/or homemade marshmallows.

No comments: