Saturday, November 19, 2016

3-INGREDIENT HONEY BUTTER

There are few things more satisfying on a windy, cold day than homemade bread and butter. Something about bread feels nourishing, homey, nastalgic - a reminder of simple beauty, consistent provision, and humble treasure. When I eat bread, especially fresh baked, I automatically slow down. My body settles into faith that this is enough. I have enough. I am enough.

So it's bread. But it's so much more.

I'm completely smitten with this gluten-free bread and make no other in my kitchen. But it's one that almost demands a spread. As if to say, "I'm so good you know I deserve frosting."

And so the bread got frosting. A buttery, sweet, with tinge of salty, fancy dress that twirls and swirls and catches everyone's eye.

May you find the place within yourself that has always been enough. And when you eat bread, may you savor both it and the beautiful, unique, divinely-created being that is you.

[THE RECIPE]

1 cup Kerrygold butter or local butter of choice
1/2 cup pure, raw honey [more or less to your taste preference]
1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt

Place all of the ingredients in a medium size glass bowl and hand whip with either a whisk or spoon until fully incorporated. Spread over bread, muffins, coffee cake, or whatever else needs a little sparkle.

Store on your counter for a day or two, or refrigerator for a few weeks.

No comments: