Monday, March 21, 2011

MANGO ICECREAM







Needing to give up dairy was a tragedy for my - seriously, it was bad. But only until I figured out I could make amazing ice cream using coconut milk! If you miss ice cream as much as I do, I hope you find this recipe to be a wonderful treat to keep on hand when any celebration comes around.


[THE RECIPE]

4 c. chopped mango (slightly frozen, optional)
1/4 - 1/2 c. honey
1 - 15 oz. can regular coconut milk
1 - 2 tsp. vodka

Blend all ingredients in blender on high until smooth (or slightly chunky if that is preferred). Turn on ice cream maker and pour in, according to instructions OR pour into container and freeze until almost firm. If too firm, remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes prior to serving.

(Served with Coconut Cake in photo)


No comments: