Thursday, March 3, 2011

Small Spaces, Beautiful Gardens

One of my favorite things about March is that, no matter how much snow we get, I KNOW that spring is right around the corner. This means I scramble to do some last minute garden research, finish writing my springtime "to-dos", perfect my garden plan and catch myself longingly looking out the window wondering if this will be the day that all the snow will disappear. If you live in Michigan you know what beautiful torture this is.

One of my favorite gardening books this season is Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail. It is really a book for city-dwellers and people who have limited gardening space, however, I have found this book to provide some really helpful gardening tips along with some fun photos. I've checked it out of the library twice so far this year and have renewed each time! If you don't have much gardening space (and even if you do) it is really worth paging through. There are also recipes intermingled in the chapters providing seasonal ideas.

No comments: